Monday, March 10, 2008


You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time (Bob Marley & Abraham Lincoln - But Bob made it famous in his song).

I am renovating my house, and have been for some time now; it has been one of the most stressful times for me personally and for my girl. It has almost broken us, although I can see the light, as the place is coming together so nicely (but hell shit costs a lot of money!!). BUT, we have a kitchen guy that is re-doing our kitchen and this mother-trucker, just does his own thing, arrives when he wants does an hour of work and then buggers off, you call...aaannnddd nothing, you leave a message aaannnddd nothing. I would love to throttle this guys with such force that his eye's pop out.

The thing is, in this our current economic boom (prior to load shedding, rate hikes, petrol hikes and electricity hikes [holy crap]), these contractors literally hold you to ransom, add a sucker like me to the picture and its like taking candy from a baby. This chippy prick, asked for money up-front, me the savvy savvy client said, "no way hose, I will pay you 80%", the dude took the cash did 30% of the job and has not come back, he has so much other work on, that I have been forgotten. The frustration of getting the guy in, just to finish is a JOB all in itself; it drains me, as I have to fight a guy who should be working for me. Where have all the old school ethics gone, contracts shaken on by hand, word is as strong as oak and all that shit.

I feel swindled by this untrustworthy ijit; I want to let everyone know about this chap. He is killing the fun and excitement of my little abode.

FUCKER!

We will soldier on, the rest of the place is smashing, I will post pics, even if no one reads, but for my own benefit.

Hope of finishing my kitchen is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the moment when I can walk in and see a complete house. Oh how I wish for that!

S.

No comments: