Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It feels good


Little house on a South African hill

Allan K. Chalmers once said - The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

(Something to do) Well I have a sturdy profession, making teenagers think they are cool beyond words and help them get laid, and my sport of surfing that I dig (bru).

(Something to Love) I love GF very much, and through all the woes of the renovations, we have come through and are still together and I think have grown stronger, the house is something of an amazement to me, I am in complete denial at this stage that I own it. It is the coolest thing ever; it’s my first place with an outside, a pool and balcony! It feels like a palace...it so cool.

(Something to hope for) And finally I hope that I don’t get bored of this house feeling soon, I really want this feeling of accomplishment to last. It’s been so draining and heavy; to walk into the place and see it done (or 95% done) is crazy cool!

Why I want to cling to this feeling of loving the new place is because I move on very quickly, throughout my life, I have been very daring, and through success and failure I move on. Thus I don’t want to move on from my new house, I want to cherish the feeling of it, its not just bricks and mortar its accomplishment of work, studying and GF standing by me through all the fights.

This house is culmination of my persistence, dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen. Yeah, yeah, I know it’s kinda full of pomp and rah rah, but it means a lot!

YAY!!

S.

2 comments:

Kim said...

There is nothing quite like having your own home! I miss it terribly. to some people it's just things, to others, like you said a "culmination of my persistence, dedication, hard work "
I agree whole heartedly! Congrats

Sunrise said...

Thanks dt! I was chilling last night and lying back looking at my possesions, I felt proud! Thanks again for reading.

S.