Wednesday, February 13, 2008

LOVE


Love is a noun and a verb did you know this? Check out the definition of love, according to the DICKtionary:

1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. (Uh HuH)
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend. (check)
3. sexual passion or desire. (CHECK CHECK!!!)
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart. (Hmm weak, but ok)
5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love? (So ENGLISH!!)
6. a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour. (MMMMM)
7. sexual intercourse; copulation. (CHECKITTY CHECK)

Yup, so the above is what I am meant to be feeling today, and I do, I love GF with all the intensity and sloppy feelings that I can muster in my manly frame. The only thing that grates the crap out of me, is the fact that I am forced to feel like this becuase of a marketing generated play (started by cardies by the way...), in order to sell more crap. I mean I a am suffering from the hangover from GF's birthday, and now this, BUT it is a hit that I must endure, I love this woman, and I love spoiling her. So if social convention dictates that I must do this, I shall, and with a smile on my face as I shell out the moola.

If you thinking that I am a cheapskate, beacause I am bitching about the money aspect, its not! It is the over obsessive sociol fascination with LOVE, it has been hyped up, just so that we can laugh when it breaks down...OK OK, I spinning out of control. I will tell you why:

This morning, I woke up and fetched GF's pressie from my car, I suck back in and woke her up by gently (shaking her to death) waking (shouting WAKE UP) in her up. We exchanged gifts, smooched, stared and repeatedly said "LOve you, love you, love you etc". So I drive to work all chilled out and loved up (oh, I got a picture frame with us in, I know it souds kitch, but this one is really cool). I then run into a work collegue that FUCKED everything up!

She bangs her gums about how crap having kids are, getting married, all she got from her hubby was a mug, she carried on, whilst I politely said "yes, thats nice" (all the while trying to pretend to work so she would PISS OFF BITCH). She carried on with some classics like: "I think all of these things (marriage, kids and eternal happiness) is a nightmare" & "when I was your age, I was sitting at a pub drinking away and now since I got married and had kids my life is finished" HOLY CRAP SHE IS ONLY 2 YEARS OLDER THAN ME...so this depressed person has mulled my V-Day and smoked it in her negative karma inducing bullocks.

I am holding out that I will get the felling back.

No comments: