Wednesday, January 30, 2008

MONEY, MONEY....MOOONEEEY


So the bottom line is that money drives the world, and lack of it puts you at the ass end of it! I have just bought a house and need to "do it up", when yummy mummies used to say that, I was like: who cares...I CARE NOW, FUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Doing up a house" (so elegantly coined...coined being the operative word) is a serious thing, and I look at the phrase "doing up the house" in a new light.

People have to make a hit load of moola to buy, maintain and add crap to their daily lives, I mean I just want to make my little abode liveable and keep GF happy. I got a butchers block for the kitchen, frikken rad, I can chop shit on an expensive piece of wood, SUPER DUPA. The reason I have a butchers block is all due to the interior designer (don’t call them decorators, they become vicious poodles and want to rip your hetero heart out, SERIAAAAS). I have an interior designer because, when I needed to "do the place up"; I had no friggin clue where to start, what to do and how to do it. I started to try and make it a project and do it myself, until I realized that plumbers/builders and so forth could see me coming from 10 0000 nautical miles away and proceeded to lube my nether regions for an almighty ass raping, now to some that may seem fun, to me a poor jo schmo from DirtBin, not so cool!

I found my interior designer everything happened in a blissful whoosh of emotions, I felt like I was on a before and after show, everything was "handled", UNTIL I received the cost estimate, holy crap balls, cut back on this, and this, and that...designer was having a cadenza about "we JUST have to have this and this", fuck that we can have a plastic/fake/cheap that and that etc.

I still have my expensive wooden butchers block to chop shit though! RAD.

No comments: