Thursday, January 15, 2009


Found this on Post Secret site, apt for today. Heavy though...sad too.

The surf has been pumping lately, last night I left the prison that I am (BLaaaKe....) incarcerated in during the hours of 8am-4:30pm, to find a perfect evening being painted, the heat and humidity had dropped off, the waves were lazy and super fun. I surfed for 2 hours, in my own vibe, ignoring the bad vibes from locals trying to hustle waves from all and sundry. I tell you, out in the water its whole different hierarchy of different personalities out there, some dudes are aggressive as fuck, some are chilled, some are whiny, some just know what they are doing and score all the sweet ones (I think I fall into this category). I was in my own world and had some smoking BOMBS!

I went in after having my fill and chatted some to some of the ol' locals, now these old mac daddies are over the hill old school dudes, and let me tell you, all they do is complain about SA, about this, about that. Its super important to stay up to date with the current political landscape (no matter how colorful it is), its important to have opinions, BUT for shitsakes, if you going to have an opinion, make sure its informed and not a freaking selfish brainfart, cause you little life is affected, have some perspective fucker! If it was a one off instance/person I could deal with it, no, no, NO, it’s every morning, afternoon and night, these guys just moan. I am sure it makes them happy, I mean it must...agh, they good guys, just old school, and I am afraid to say it, racist, and a little scared of change and the future.

To be honest I am scared to, that Malema dude frightens me with his militant demeanor. I am African, I am going nowhere at this stage. I am African, how cool is that, white boy from KZN...

Rant over, I took my new cabbie to show the old man, he was stoked, we went for a ride and shot the breeze, he sat in the captains chair and took the beast for a spin. Nice one, special little moment right there.

S.

2 comments:

po said...

Sometimes talking to the older generation of white South Africans is so depressing. The conversation always ends up on race, and they are racist even if they think they are not.

It is so predictable, get a bunch of oldies together, and you know where the conversation will go...

Sunrise said...

Yup, is it there fault though, change must be hellava hard to adapt too, when you 50+.